Monday, February 23, 2009

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a What?

Things are starting to get a little fuzzy as the frenzy of Mardi Gras activity (and too many libations) has got my brain 'a spinnin'! Bullet points always help. We'll start with Thursday and Friday.

(I seriously just sat here in front of my computer with my hand on my chin, looking up and to the left, eyes squinted in an effort to untangle the details.)

-The Stripers parade, Thursday night. Olga is diggin' Mobile Mardi Gras!

Olga says she can't get enough of the gang. "And we can't get enough of you either, Olga!"


-Impromptu trip across the Bay to make a deposit into the Bank of Karma.
AB says, "Thanks for giving me a ride home." JE gleefully responds, "Don't mention it. That's what friends are for!" ****HUGS!****

-Dorito buffet and a bottle of Thunderbird ("What's the Word?!!)



There's never enough cheese.


-Friday morning's first thought: Is it Old South weekend?

-Early morning thought: Only 9 hours 'til nap time. There's no way I am doing anything tonight.

-Mid morning thought: If questioned why I have my eyes closed while sitting upright at my desk, I'm going to tell them I'm praying.

-Early afternoon: Received text message regarding the availability of Krewe of Columbus ball tickets. I sat up in my chair.

-Moments later...came to my senses after I envisioned the feeling of being in high heels for at least 3 hours straight. Made mental note that I was a grown woman and college was the last time I had succumbed to AEs signature "One more. For me?" guilt trip.

-Mid afternoon: Began to secretly hope AE would call and coerce me into going to the parade. I would play hard to get by demanding that we go home immediately following the parade.

-Received phone call from AE as predicted. It was decided we'd be troopers -- for GB. He was back in town afterall, ready to partake in the Mardi Gras festivities. Closed the conversation smuggly with pre-planned hard-to-get ploy. GB didn't like to stay out late anyway so he would be my safety net if I couldn't deny the powers of the "Do it for me" bit.

-Decided the day at work was lost. I granted myself a personal day and started humming the Mardi Gras theme song.

-Noticed how spry I felt after drinking that first beer. Discussed the buyer's remorse we'd be sure to have if we bought the $5.00 throw bag with the tagline "Mardi Gras is Mo Betta in Mo-Bile". Decided the slogan could be noted elsewhere for free. (Ta-da!)

-Had the pleasure of meeting up with GB's brother whom I would soon come to know as the means by which I would meet the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus all in one night.

(less detailed bullet points = things start getting fuzzy)


-Niles and Frasier...is that you?

-Captain Morgan and the Morganettes set the mood for the rest of the evening.


Olga: "Easy pirate, I am delicate. Handle with Care."






GB as Captain Morgan. "Aaaargh! Surrender the Booty!"



Me and GB with Captain Morgan. I'm the one on G's left.

-Happy Birthday. "Patron, please." (But the Bacardi's on special...?)

-The Show's starting in 15 minutes and we've got front row seats!

-I didn't know AE knew how to break dance. With a bra no less!

"You got this, AE!"

Shake yo' money maker!

"Hang on Olga, it's a dance off!"

-Noted that one way to divert a full blown riot is to declare a dance-off as a tie! AE was almost a little too late in announcing "Good night ladies and gentlemen. I'm going home," George Costanza style.

-Made a run for the border where we enjoyed recapping the wonders of the night-not-planned over the frenzied crunches of Nachos Bell Grande. (That's spanish for, "Thank God, I don't have to work tomorrow.)

2 comments:

  1. I must say, I was not aware that I could break dance either. That is a night we will talk about forever!!! What a great 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arrrrr....me likee da Pirate! :)

    Double-D THANKS for the awesomefull time in Mobile...my cups runneth over with gratitude!

    ReplyDelete