Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Positive Spin

The weather girl said on Monday that we'd get a lot of rain today, some of which could be severe, so we were advised to "Be prepared. It's gonna be a wet one."


For whatever reason, I felt it my duty to tell as many people as I could. "You know, we're supposed to get rain Wednesday. It might get ugly, too" "Don't forget your umbrella." On my way out the door this morning I made an effort to tell the guys working on the house next door, "I bet y'all are wondering how much work you can get done before the rain gets here!"

When rain looms in the forecast, there's a certain sense of urgency to get as much of the outdoor type of activities done while you can. Remember grade school when you'd be forced to play Heads Up Seven Up at your desks because of a rained-out recess? I don't know, maybe I am feeling this way because this past weekend was absolutely gorgeous and I am proud to say I consumed every ounce of the 70 degree sunshine I possibly could, and I hated to see it end. The thought of Wednesday rain started hanging over my head (dare I say, like a cloud?) first thing Monday morning.


It sprinkled for 30 minutes today.


So instead of the weather person reporting the notion of nasty weather, why don't they just say, "You know, it might rain for a little bit on Wednesday, but don't worry it won't last forever."

2 comments:

  1. I hated PE so heads up 7 up rain days where fine by me. I was kind of disappointed the rain was so short lived today, but it has been a nice afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. It turned out to be a glorious afternoon. When I left work it was 70 degrees.

    ReplyDelete