Friday, February 6, 2009

Where, Oh Where, Are you Tonight?

Remember when you were a kid and each night during the week before Christmas, you'd ask your parents: "Is Santa coming night?" And they'd reply, "Not tonight, but the night after tomorrow night." Then tomorrow night would come and you'd ask, "Is Santa coming tonight?" And they'd respond, "Not tonight, but tomorrow night." Thus leaving your small mind reeling not only with confusion at the notion of thinking beyond a day, but also the heightened sense of excitement that comes along with waiting for someone special to visit.

I am feeling that heightened sense of excitement and confusion right now. Someone special was supposed to be here a few days ago but I haven't heard from her and now I am getting worried. Heck, I have created this very blog in honor of her visit! I trust that she will show, knowing that when I go home and see her waiting for me, both emotions of worry and confusion will collide to explode into one oh so powerful feeling that I won't be able to refrain from shouting out:

"Hot damn girl, Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!"

2 comments: